Morning Glory Cloud

Morning Glory Cloud
Morning Glory over Massacre Inlet (photo: Diane Davey)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tocumwal to Cobar

What a fantastic day! Flew nearly 500km today from Tocumwal to Cobar, stopping in at Griffith (see the tracking link on the right for the route on a map). The countryside is amazingly green. It is usually a big dust bowl so it's quite remarkable. Here are a few pics I took today:



The countryside is so green! Looks like I'm still in Victoria, but this is actually central NSW about 100km south of Cobar.


Refuelling at Griffith before having lunch.


A bit of Griffith style philosophy with lunch.


Back in the air, paddocks getting bigger and bigger


If you were wondering what was going through my mind today...



Ready for more tomorrow!

Phil has to be at work on Monday so he heads back home tomorrow and I'll keep going on my own. As we were leaving the airport, someone from Burketown flew in. He said there are quite a few people up there already, but no sign of the Morning Glory yet. I hope it's just waiting for me to get there to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment