Morning Glory Cloud

Morning Glory Cloud
Morning Glory over Massacre Inlet (photo: Diane Davey)

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Back home (kind of)

I made it back home. Yay! Unfortunately, FLK didn’t want to come back to Victoria. I think it missed Mike (the engineer) and wanted to spend a little time with him in Tocumwal. Once the issue is resolved, I’ll go back up to Tocumwal and finish off the Victoria part of the trip, hence the 'kind of' in the title of this post.
Now there will be some people reading this that know how much I hate the end of a good holiday and might be thinking that this is my way of extending it. All I can say to that is that I had no control over this – I swear! My holiday is simply not meant to end just yet. What a shame ; )
So how did I get home yesterday? I think I mentioned before that Phil was going to fly alongside me in the Pacer so I could finish the trip in the same way I started - with him as my 'wingman'. We would also be able to get a few air to air photos.  Phil had flown up to Tocumwal to meet me so we went back to Bacchus Marsh in the Pacer. Gee it was fast compared to the Falke - even with the headwind.
Again the changes in the countryside amazed me. After having flown over such remote areas, the paddocks in Victoria looked so tiny. There was a fair bit of haze around (or was it just that I was now used to clear, smog free air?) and together with the late afternoon sun, it gave a surreal, dream like impression, which was rather appropriate.

Meeting up with Phil at Tocumwal

What's wrong, baby?

Back at Bacchus Marsh.




No comments:

Post a Comment