Morning Glory Cloud

Morning Glory Cloud
Morning Glory over Massacre Inlet (photo: Diane Davey)

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Burketown Day 8 - Great Friends

Today was another big day. 4am start and I'm just getting ready to go to bed now and it's past 11pm.
The Morning Glory did not appear today. We spent most of the day at the airfield, flying a bit, getting organised for the trip back and laughing, there was alot of laughing, can't remember why, but you had to be there. 

Most of the glider pilots plan to start heading home tomorrow. There is not much hope amongst the 'regulars' about the Morning Glory making an appearance in the next few weeks, however, they agree that nothing is for certain and it could still appear. I've yet to finalise my plans for the return south.

The greatest thing about today was the realisation that I've made some great friends here, some really great friends. Even though I've only met them little over a week ago, it feels like I have known them forever and that this will not be the last time I see them. I wouldn't trade a week's worth of Morning Glories for the great friendships I've made here. I may not have seen any morning glory, but these guys stood by me and made sure I didn't miss out on all the great places to visit and things to do in the area - from Adels Grove to Karumba, to fishing on the river to breakfasts after flying, the experiences will be with me forever - thanks guys - I hope you have some good weather and a safe trip home! If not, you'll just have to stay ; )


Russell and Erich, Grob 109 FFN

Brian and Paul - Dimona ZDD (nice call sign!)

Rob - Dimona YT


Paul and Cliff - Ximango KIR

John and John - MotorFalke DNE

Geoff - PIK 20E
(missing photo - Ian and Ashley, Motor Falke)

No comments:

Post a Comment